Here’s a different take on a delectable dessert.
- 4 tbsp. unsalted butter
- 4 firm, ripe pears, peeled, cored and cut into eighths
- 1/4 c honey
- 1/2 lemon - juiced and julienned; rind
- 1/2 orange - juiced and julienned; rind
- 1/4 c white wine
- 1/4 c water
- 2 tsp. cornstarch
- 2 tbsp. orange liqueur
- 1 tsp. vanilla
- Melt the butter in a wok over high heat.
- Add the pears and stir-fry for 1 minute.
- Add the honey, lemon and orange rinds and juices, white wine and water.
- Heat to a boil. Turn down to a simmer and toss gently until the pears are soft, about 3 minutes.
- Remove the pears with a slotted spoon.
- Dissolve the cornstarch in the liqueur and vanilla, and stir into the liquid in the wok.
- Simmer until lightly thickened, 1 minute.
- Pour over the pears and serve warm.