What could be better than smoked candied pecans around holiday time? Make up a batch of these and wrap them up as gifts.
- Category: Dessert
- 1 egg white
- 1 tsp. ground cinnamon
- 1/2 c brown sugar
- 1/2 c white sugar
- 3/4 tsp. salt
- 2 tbsp. vanilla
- 1 lb pecan halves
- 250 degrees Indirect
- Lightly butter a baking sheet.
- In a bowl, beat the egg white until foamy.
- Mix in cinnamon, sugars, salt and vanilla.
- Mix well. Stir in pecan halves, stirring until well coated.
- Spread on baking sheet.
- Bake for one hour, stirring every fifteen minutes.
- Spread pecans on waxed paper (I used parchment paper) and cool.