by Rick & Jen Bostain (Rib Bones)
This dish makes a great breakfast meal.
- Category: Sausage
- 1 c sweetened dried cranberries
- 1 1/2 lb bulk pork sausage (spicy)
- 10 English muffins, diced (about 12 cups)
- 4 medium green onions, sliced (1/4 cup)
- 8 eggs
- 1 1/2 c milk
- 1 c sour cream
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1/4 tsp. black pepper
- 3 c shredded Monterey Jack cheese (12 oz)
- Heat Egg to 325℉ with platesetter (legs up)
- Spray 13x9-inch (3 quart) glass baking dish with cooking spray.
- Cook sausage in skillet over medium heat till done, stirring occasionally; drain.
- Spread half of the diced muffins in the pan.
- Top with half of the sausage, half of the onions and half of the cranberries.
- Repeat layers with remaining muffins, sausage, onions and cranberries.
- In a large bowl, beat eggs, milk, sour cream, salt and pepper with a wire whisk until well blended; pour over mixture in pan. Sprinkle cheese over top.
- Spray sheet of foil with cooking spray; place sprayed side down over pan.
- Refrigerate at least 4 hours, but not longer than 24 hours.
- Place covered casserole directly on grid and bake for 30 minutes.
- Uncover; bake additional 30-40 minutes or until top is golden brown and knife inserted in center comes out clean.
- Cut into squares.