Perfect for Halloween treats or any time in the fall. Or really, just any time!
- Category: Dessert
- 2 c sugar
- 1/2 c chopped pecans
- 1 tsp. salt
- 2 tsp. baking soda
- 2 tsp. baking powder
- 2 c all-purpose flour
- 2 tsp. cinnamon
- 4 eggs
- 1 1/4 c vegetable oil
- 2 c canned pumpkin
- 1/2 c coconut
Cream Cheese Frosting
- 1 stick butter, softened
- 1 8-ounce block cream cheese, softened
- 1 box confectioners sugar
- 1 tsp. vanilla
- 350 degrees Indirect
- Mix together sugar, pumpkin, vegetable oil and eggs.
- Sift together cinnamon, flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt.
- Mix in with pumpkin mixture. Stir in pecans and coconut.
- Fill liner filled cupcake pans about 3/4 full and bake for about 12-14 minutes or until toothpick comes out clean. **NOTE: We usually make this recipe in a Bundt pan (40-50 minutes or until done). But for mini cupcakes, we used cupcake liners. I think It would be better to lightly spray inside of cupcake liners with Pam or Bakers Joy to prevent cupcakes from sticking to paper.
Cream Cheese Frosting Directions
- Beat butter, cream cheese and vanilla together until smooth and creamy.
- Blend in confectioners sugar until well-blended.
- Spread or pipe frosting on cooled cupcakes.