These yummy cupcakes can be made on your Big Green Egg. Whip up a bunch and surprise your guests.
Add to the ingredients the following for more flavors to create Hershey’s “Perfectly Chocolate” Chocolate Cupcakes:
Peanut butter frosting (see recipe for Peanut Butter Frosting below)
Hershey’s syrup (to drizzle on top of cupcakes)
mini Reese’s Peanut Butter Cups (for top of cupcakes)
- Prep Time: 10m
- Cook Time: 15m
- Total Time: 20m
- Serves: 8
- Yield: Lots of yummies
- Category: Dessert
To make the cupcakes
- 2 c sugar
- 1 3/4 c all purpose flour
- 3/4 c Hershey's Cocoa
- 1 1/2 tsp. baking powder
- 1 1/2 tsp. baking soda
- 1 tsp. salt
- 2 eggs
- 1 c milk
- 1/2 c vegetable oil
- 2 tsp. vanilla extract
- 1 c boiling water (or hot coffee)
To make the frosting
- 1/2 c butter, softened
- 1 c creamy peanut butter
- 2 c confectioners sugar
- 2 tbsp. to 4 tbsp. milk (to consistency desired)
- 1 tsp. vanilla
Big Green Egg (BGE) Set-Up
- 350 degrees indirect.... we used plate setter on L and S BGEs and adjustable rig above spider with stone on the other L BGE
- Combine dry ingredients in bowl.
- Add eggs, milk, oil and vanilla; beat on medium speed 2 minutes.
- Stir in boiling water (batter will be thin). Pour into mini muffin pans lined with cupcake liners (lightly spray inside cupcake liners with Pam or Bakers Joy).
- Bake 10-12 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean.
- Cool completely... then pipe on a dollop of peanut butter frosting, lightly drizzle with Hershey's chocolate syrup and top with a mini Reese's peanut butter cup standing on edge.
Peanut Butter Frosting Directions
- Beat butter and peanut butter in large bowl until light and fluffy.
- Mix in confectioners sugar.
- Add vanilla and 2 tablespoons of the milk.
- Add more milk, a little at a time, to desired spreading consistency.