A different take on candied apples, apple pie and pretty much anything you might do when baking apples. Try this on your BGE and enjoy the aroma!
- 2 Granny Smith apples
- 2 cans (8 oz. cans) of Crescent Roll
- 2 sticks butter
- 1 1/2 c sugar
- 1 tsp. vanilla
- cinnamon to taste
- 1 can (12 oz.) of Sprite
- 350 degrees Indirect
- Peel and core apples.
- Cut each apple into 8 slices.
- Roll each apple slice in a crescent roll.
- Place in a 9 x 13 buttered pan.
- Melt butter, then add sugar and barely stir.
- Add vanilla, stir, and pour entire mixture over apples.
- Pour Sprite around the edges of the pan... not over the apples.
- Sprinkle with cinnamon and bake at 350 degrees for 40 minutes.